Sunday, June 23, 2013

Weekend Time

It was an easy weekend around these parts... When I have few commitments, I like to find a new recipe or two on Pinterest and give them a spin, which is what I did.  I made BBQ pork ribs and a Lemon Thyme Pasta salad.  It is a great summer salad with a nice light taste, I definitely recommend it.  I also made Oatmeal Lemon Bars which are simple and good:  made from Oatmeal cookie mix and condensed milk.  Today I made crockpot Brown Sugar Chicken - its made with soy sauce and brown sugar and garlic.  It had too much soy sauce for my taste, I won't be making it again.  Oh well, you win some and lose some.
I wanted to enjoy a simple weekend at home after spending time last week decluttering by removing accessories in my den, kitchen and master bedroom, thanks to the influence of The Nester.  Originally, I had no interest in following it because I don't consider myself a decorator or a person who buys pillows.  I don't get the whole "throw a lot of pillows on your sofa" thing.  Or bed, for that matter.  But when she mentioned that she got busy without the distraction, it got my attention. AND when I started removing ALL THAT STUFF that I didn't realize that I had.  Stuff that was given to me and you feel like you have to display it.  Please.  If I gave you something and you don't like it, it's okay to give it away.  I promise.  I don't know what I'll be bringing back, but I will say I enjoy the clean surfaces now.  It is freeing.  Or maybe just different, but so easy on the eye when you come home from work. 
And starting next weekend, life takes off like a rocket with plenty of weekends planned.  CKC Scrapbook Convention will be at The Woodlands next weekend and I'm going to split booth duties with my friend, Cindyw1I.  (think about it).  Cheryl Mezzetti of Splash of Color needed some help so we both said, why not!  Should be great fun.  On Sunday in Round Top will be the 4th of July concert at Festival Hill and after seeing last months concert, I definitely don't want to miss it.  It starts at 3 pm.  Let me know if you go.
July is FULL of wonderful events.  Junk Hippy is going to be in Rosenberg on July 13th.  I had hoped to have a booth there, but no such luck - they were sold out.  Still going to go to check it out.  With Michelle Burrus back in town, we're headed to Camp Allen (my first time!) for a weekend of scrapping/laughter.  The last week of the month will be packed with a work trip to Baltimore, but I'm making time for my friends, Megan and high school friend, Julie who lives in Falls Church, VA.  And then Cindyw1I and I are setting off for her first trip to Louisiana, a day early so we can explore and then on Friday we'll head over to the Bocage Plantation for the first ever, Southern Craft Academy which is being hosted by Aimee Broussard, Susie Harris and Stacy Haycock. After we had signed up, we found out that Angel Stormo and Heather Bellanger will also be attending. 
Estate Sale book
Okay, I have two more events to tell you about... So you won't be able to say, I wanna go but I didn't know about it!  In early September, there may be a road trip to St Louis involving a Girlfriends Getaway at For Keeps Sake store.  It all started when certain girls from Chicago and Maryland threw out the suggestion and then BOOM, there's a party in STL.  It will be awesome and we're hoping that a few others can join.  ALL kinds of people to see in STL:  Barb Reininger, Dre Walter, Kathy Northup, Sue Keleman, and Nancy Wethington. 
Final event is not until November in Los Angeles, called Spellbound, which reminds me of Silver Bella.  I'm excited to go back to LA after having a fabulous time in January at French General.  Cathe Holden of Just Something I Made will be teaching, along with Kaari Meng of French General.  It's going to be awesome.  Cathe is one of those people who's career has taken off, she has a great new book called Rosette Art and yet, she is so incredibly kind and down to earth.  I love being around her as well as being inspired by her.
Okay, weekend is coming to a close.  I hope yours was good.  I'm ready to get the week started for all these good things that will be coming down the pike.  Note the two blonde bombers here:

1 comment:

Barb said...

Can't wait to see you! You are such a busy lady.